- We have a broad academic programme with a full calendar of cultural and sporting activities and events;
- We have a life skills and counselling programme where children are offered free counselling by UJ masters students and the Sophia town Community Psychological services.
- We have an onsite Occupational/Remedial Therapist
- Promotes cultural and social diversity by celebrating and sharing our cultural differences
- Weekly school assemblies that explore a variety of topics focusing on life skills, values, our heritage and non denominational prayer.
- Encourages the art of giving by organising collection drives for lesser privileged people
- Melpark Primary is a suburban government school that provides quality education with an emphasis on building skills, good attitude and values.
- We have well qualified and experienced educators and subject specialists
- We provide a nurturing and caring environment where no child is left behind
- We prepare the Grade R learners in literacy, number and life skills through an exciting programme of play experiences;
- Each classroom is equipped with a mini library stocked with books suitable for the children in that class
- We have a weekly reading period where children are encouraged to read and share their reading experiences.
- Each week the principal hosts a book club in her office where children share their reading experiences while enjoying tea and cake with the Principal
- We provide computer literacy and computer assisted learning from Grade 1 to Grade 7
Come Visit Us
63 Second Avenue