SGB VIRTUAL MEETING
2020 has proven to be the year we have had to do things differently and it forced us to become more creative to achieve the same or better results than we have had in the past. This also goes for how we hold our AGM and deliver the budget for 2021 to you the parents.
On Monday 19th October the SGB accepted the budget and decided to hold the AGM in 2 ways:
- Face to face meeting with parents on 5th November, and
- A virtual AGM to be held via email, WhatsApp messaging and Google forms, between the 21st October 2020 and 3rd November 2020.
For those parents who will not be attending the face-to-face meeting on 5th November, please find attached all the relevant documents which we normally present at the AGM. Kindly read through all documentation and complete the questionnaire on Google Forms using the following link: https://forms.gle/
Each of these documents will be discussed in detail a:
- MINUTES OF MEETING FOR THE 2019 BUDGET MEETING.
Please read through the minutes of this meeting and answer the question on the google form as to whether this was a true reflection of the discussion at the meeting. If you did not attend the meeting, please answer the question appropriately.
- AN EXPLANATION OF HOW THE MONEY WAS SPENT IN 2020.
Please take note from this information that we need the school fees in order to continue to run the school at the standard you have become accustomed to. E.g. Smaller classes. If we did not charge school fees, we would only have a total of 19 teachers which includes the Principal and Deputy. We will not be able to employ additional staff.
- WHEN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION ON THE GOOGLE FORM RELATING TO THE CHOICE OF WHETHER WE SHOULD BE A SCHOOL FEE PAYING SCHOOL, THINK VERY CAREFULLY AS THIS WILL IMPACT THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION, WE WILL BE ABLE TO OFFER.
- THE BUDGET FOR 2021 WHICH INCLUDES THE INCOME AND EXPENSES FOR THE YEAR.
The budget was drawn up with great consideration of the impact Covid has had on the economy and in turn on the pockets of parents. The SGB had to tread carefully in its approach to preserve the standard of the offering at the school as well as keeping in mind the economic plight parents find themselves in.
3.1 You will notice that we have kept expenses at a bare minimum, and we have not catered for any major improvement/renovations at the school. We have also abandoned the idea of building the 2 classrooms and we have taken the investment out of the budget this year, therefore you will see that the Total for the budget has reduced significantly.
3.2 Please take note that Audit fees is reflected as a separate item on the expenses as the Audited Financial Statements reflects it as such. Previously it was included in Admin costs.
3.3 Bank charges include the charges from Nedbank and the charges for the card machine.
- We have budgeted for the employment of 18 additional staff which includes teachers, office staff, support staff and cleaning staff to ensure that we have smaller classes, a more efficient office to service parents and a cleaner school. This forms the major part of our budget.
- The school fees for 2021 has been increased to R8400 for grade 1 to 7, and to R10400 for Grade R. This is about a 4.3% increase in school fees.
- RESOLUTIONS TO BE TAKEN AT THE BUDGET MEETING
Please read through this form which you will also be able to access through the following link: https://forms.gle/
You may also access this link through your phone on the WhatsApp and ClassDojo applications where the link will also appear.
Please complete the form online and submit. This will serve as your attendance register and your vote.
- CONDITIONS FOR THE APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL FEE EXEMPTION
Please read through the CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL FEE EXEMPTION.
Kindly read through all the attachments and complete the Google form online.
We look forward to your participation in the important decisions taken by the school
Kindly click on the following links to read the attachments: